Black 4″ x 4″ Heavy Duty Wood Post Connector Plate
Black 4″ x 4″ Heavy Duty Wood Post Connector Plate
Created with ease-of-use in mind, the well-hidden and functional design of our new heavy duty steel post base plate connector makes stabilizing, protecting, and installing your post quick and intuitive.
- Designed to help with the installation of posts for any of your projects, its sturdy build creates a stronger and longer lasting connection than a traditional wood-to-wood installation.
- With a powder coated black finish, it easily blends into any outdoor project. Whether you’re a busy contractor or a DIYer looking for an easy backyard upgrade, our heavy duty post plate connector will be perfect for you.
- DESIGNED FOR | Ideal for securing and stabilizing a nominal 4″ x 4″ post to a wood post or surface
- WELL-HIDDEN FUNCTION | Classic black and minimal in design, our heavy duty post plate connector is designed for utility and to be a well-hidden and functional part of your outdoor project
- INSTALL HELPER | Designed to help with the installation of posts for any of your projects.
- TOUGHEST DEFENDER | Helps defend against the splitting, rotting, and warping that tends to occur with exposed lumber
- FINISH | Features a thermally bonded and polyester textured black powder coated satin finish
- MATERIAL | Made with steel, it creates a stronger and longer lasting connection than a traditional wood-to-wood installation
- EASY INSTALL | Pre-drilled holes make aligning and attaching fasteners easy, eliminate the need for toenailing, and prevent you from damaging your material
- QUICK ALIGNMENT | Features a centre point screw to accommodate for its heavy duty nature and make the alignment of the other holes even easier
- ACQ wood compatible
- UV-Protected | prevents fading and discolouring caused by the sun’s harsh rays
- Rust-Resistant | its durable steel construction and powder coated finish prevent peeling and blistering
- Weather Protected | designed to last through North America’s harshest conditions
- What’s Included: one heavy duty (1) post plate connector
- Want a cohesive look? Much of our product line features the same powder coated finish and colour, which makes accenting your outdoor space consistent and uniform.
- Project Ideas: garden enclosures, decking barriers, birdhouses, mailboxes, lawn and garden signs, light and flag posts, planter holders, and more.
- Easily attaches to wood, fiberglass, composite, concrete, and more (required fasteners sold separately and vary by material and project)
- Please Note: before building a permanent structure, it is important to take into consideration where you live and your typical exposure to the seasonal elements as product performance may change accordingly. This includes, but is not limited to, rain, wind, snow, ice, sunlight, and intense heat. Wearing personal protective equipment; safety glasses, etc., and using suitable fasteners for your application are equally as important in ensuring your installation goes smoothly and safely.
- Additionally, load calculations are unavailable. Prior to construction, check with your local municipality for building code requirements in your area (consulting local building codes is required when supporting permanent structures).
- For certain structures, we recommend consulting a professional to ensure that these products are appropriate for your intended application and that the structural components for which these products are to be used in connection with are sound.
- Important: in no event shall Nuvo Iron™ be liable for any consequential, special, or incidental changes arising out of breach of local, municipal, country, state, provincial, and federal building codes or any other type of laws or bylaws. Furthermore, Nuvo Iron™ shall not be held liable for any loss or damage resulting from improper use.
- Ideal for use in moderate to high traffic locations
- Ideal for contractors and DIYers
- Moderate skill set required for installation
- Estimated installation time: 10 minutes
- Perfect for residential use
- Materials and packaging are fully recyclable
- Limited one (1) year warranty.
The Composite Decking Company Shipping Policy
All decking orders ship using using large flatbed trucks in order to ensure that the product arrives to your home or jobsite in the best condition possible. Hardware only orders ship via a courier company such as Fedex, UPS etc. When both decking and hardware is ordered they are delivered together and the "Large Flatbed Shipping" charge will apply.
All orders are initially processed within 1-2 business days.
We aim to deliver your order within 5-10 business days of it being placed. This is subject to product availability, and other factors beyond our control. Once your order has been coordinated you will receive an email to setup the specific delivery date. If you require your product more quickly we do offer a "pickup" option (see details below). All deliveries are curbside/driveway.
Large Flatbed Shipping
Zone 1 (Up to 180km radius from the manufacturing plant in Brantford, Ontario - Ontario addresses only)
$199 - Orders from $0-$2,499 (before tax)
$149 - Orders from $2,500 -$9,999 (before tax)
$99 - Orders from $10,000 - $19,999 (before tax)
FREE Shipping - Orders over $20,000 (before tax)
Zone 2 (Over 180km and up to a maximum of 320km radius from the manufacturing plant in Brantford, Ontario - Ontario addresses only)
$699 - Orders from $0-$2,499 (before tax)
$599 - Orders from $2,500 -$9,999 (before tax)
$499 - Orders from $10,000 - $19,999 (before tax)
$199 - Orders over $20,000 (before tax)
**Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a custom quote for locations within Ontario, that are not automatically calculated at the checkout page**
Flat Rate Courier Shipping (Only select deck railing, hardware, and accessory items can be shipped via courier - Ontario Only)
Ontario Postal Codes
$15.00 - Orders from $0 - $75.00 (before tax)
Free Shipping - Orders over $75.00 (before tax)
No Charge Pick-Up Available
We offer a no charge pick-up option at our manufacturer in Brantford, Ontario. Choose "Pick-Up" at checkout and we'll coordinate a time that works best for you (within our manufacturers operating hours). Pickup orders typically take a minimum of 2-3 business days to coordinate. You will receive an email confirmation when your order is available for pickup.
Orders can be cancelled and/or revised up to 24 hours after being placed. After 24 hours orders cannot be modified.
Please see our "Refund Policy" page for details on returns, defective material etc.
What Our Past Clients Have To Say
High Quality and Locally Made
"I have been working with the Tru North and Clubhouse products for awhile now and having 2 excellent decking products made here in Ontario is great....They really stand behind their products and my clients have been thrilled with their decks."
Easy To Install
"Between their clubhouse and trunorth product lines, trunorth decking offers beautiful, long lasting products that, speaking as an installer, are very easy to work with. I'd recommend these products to anyone!"
Handles Our Harsh Climate
"They are a Canadian manufacturer based in Brantford - another major factor in our decision....After a summer of intense sun and heat, a typical bone chilling Muskoka winter, and a quick spring power wash, the deck looks as good as when we first installed it."
Durable and Kid Friendly
"Very Happy with our TruNorth Deck. Great looks and low maintenance is why we chose this product that doesn't use any saw dust. Plus my kids don't get slivers like they do on wooden decks."
Learn about how to properly clean and care for your new deck
We want to make sure your deck continues to looks perfect all season long
Store TruNorth Deck™ under a cover to ensure boards are clean when ready to install. If stored outdoors, they must be covered with a tarp designed for outside use. Products should be stored in a dry space with bottom supports equally spread apart. For long term storage, products should be banded together.
Basic Cleaning Recommendations
Although TND products are low maintenance, TND recommends periodic cleaning to help maintain the natural wood grain of the product. For best results power wash using dish soap detergent. The recommended maximum pressure is 1700 psi for TND decks. A fan tip nozzle must be used along with the proper cleaning product. Spray in the direction of the brush/grain pattern to avoid damaging the product. Use caution not to damage the material and always take the proper safety precautions when operating a power washer.